Wednesday, October 22, 2008

outback

Last weekend Baron & I attended Outback. No, we didn't go out for a steak dinner. Outback America is a retreat that...well...is kind of hard to explain. It builds relationships - with God, with parents/teens, and with spouses. We had a GREAT time, and we both gained a lot from it. Even though it wore me out, with the dawn-til-dusk schedule, it was a good weekend. I don't want to explain it too much, in case anyone reading this ever has the priviledge of attending {the lack of expectations makes it all the better}, but here are a few pics from the weekend.



{this picture was taken just before the sun rose...yes, I was up that early! showered & everything! :-)}


{the sun rising over our camp...oh yeah, did I mention we slept in tents??}

{this is just as we got to the top of the "mountain". no, we weren't being sweet by holding hands; Baron had to drag me up the trail!}

{this is what we had to hike up to at sunrise...it was a great view but I sure was sleepy}

{yes, I have a bandana around my neck, thank you.}



{ok this place had THE BEST apples in the WORLD. so I was a total dork & captured the memory with a picture.}


And here is a short video to give you an idea of what some of the worship time was like...except it wasn't always this, um, bluegrass-y. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love those sunrise pictures! Glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okaaay, I missed the hoe-down video the first time. Why weren't you right up front?

    ReplyDelete