Thursday, August 20, 2009

help!

Soon I am going to be starting an adoption fundraiser. I'll be selling a few customized handmade items {yes, I know...everyone's doing handmade items nowadays :-)}. For now I only have 3 different items that I'm taking orders for, but maybe in the future I'll discover some other things I can make. :-)

Anyway...I need help. I want to come up with a name for this little venture. The point is to raise money for our adoption, so I want it to reflect that but still be catchy & somewhat versatile. I was trying to think of something to do with the two stories of adoption from the Bible - Moses' adoption by the king's daughter, and Esther's adoption by her cousin Mordecai. "The King's Daughter" popped into my head when I was reading about Moses, because she is unnamed so I couldn't use her name. And Mordecai is kind of an odd name to use in a business because people won't know how to spell it. :-) Anyway does anyone have any ideas? I need help!!

7 comments:

  1. I wish you so much luck with the fundraiser!! My husband and I have been looking into adoption, and not only is it expensive (but of course, completely worth it), but there are so many details that I just never thought about before that need to be taken care of. Anyway, I'm not sure about a name...I automatically think "Our Chosen Gift" because with adoption, you actually are choosing a child that has been given up for one reason or another, and gift because every child is a gift from God. That's my 2 cents :o) I'm horrible at coming up with names for things.

    I also wanted to tell you that if you decide to do like "chip-in giveaways", I would be more than willing to send you some Tupperware to auction off. I sell it and have lots of items that have never even been opened before! That might bring in some $$$

    I know we don't really know each other, and I'm not even sure how I found your blog?! We did grow up in the same neighborhood when we were younger though, so I feel like I kind of know you, lol. I think that what you and your husband have chosen to do is absolutely wonderful! I know this is all your personal business, but I am hoping that by following your blog and this journey, maybe I can learn more about the adoption process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "The King's Daughter"!

    I would also be willing to donate some items for you to auction off or sell. Just let me know!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Laura. Let me know. It could be a big fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...y'all are so sweet to offer your goods! I will let you know if/when I get to that point. This fundraising thing is slow getting started for me. Anyway thanks so much for being so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, if you don't mind me asking, what is the average cost of adoption through one of these agencies that you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen,
    I don't mind sharing at all! It varies a LOT by agency. I'll be happy to share with you what we paid, and also how a local agency charges. But I'd rather do it thru email, if you don't mind. Email me at lerra73@gmail.com and I'll be glad to share what I know!

    ReplyDelete