Today I want to talk about a few of the little luxuries that make my life easier. These are a few of the simple things I enjoy in life. You will notice that most of these are products to make housework easier, and that is because my least favorite thing to do is housework.
1. Downy Wrinkle Releaser. I HATE doing laundry. In our house, we very rarely iron our clothes. If they look really bad, we will iron them, but that is definitely a last resort. Because I hate this task so much, our clothes usually end up sitting in the dryer for several days, only to be removed to allow us to dry another load of clothes. Even after the dry clothes are removed, they will sit in the laundry basket for another day or two, and when we finally fold them, they will sit on the couch for a few more days. We usually wear all of the clean clothes before they even make it to the drawers/closet. Sad, sad...Enter Downy Wrinkle Releaser. It works GREAT on those post-dryer wrinkles. You just spray it on, give the garment a little tug, and voila! The wrinkles are released. Hence the name. Works great for bedding also. Thank you, Downy.
2. Lysol Toilet Clings. Ok, I know these things look stupid because I have little blue hangy-down things in my toilet bowls, but I don't care. Lysol promises on the package that their toilet clings help disinfect and deodorize your toilet, and they were right. I recently tried using Glade, because I like the smell better, and my toilet didn't stay clean as long as it does with Lysol. It's true - you really don't have to clean the toilet as often when you use them. And they smell good too. Ya know...for all of those times you stick your nose in the toilet. Thank you, Lysol.
3. Swiffer Dusters and Endust Multi-Surface Wipes. Of all the household chores, dusting is my least favorite by far. I would rather scrub a toilet than dust. It's so annoying to have to move everything off the furniture in order to clean everything. At any given moment, you could probably stop by our house and find a thin layer of dust on our furniture & knick-knacks. (Along with the folded laundry on the couch.) Anyway, Swiffer Dusters are really great for the anti-duster. When you look at them, you think, "nah, it won't work that well." Wrong, my friend. They are great. And for your wood furniture and electronics, Endust multi-surface wipes are convenient & effective for giving it that slight sheen and protecting it from dust. And I love the way Endust smells. Thank you, Swiffer and Endust.
4. Glade's Clean Linen scent. Ahh...air fresheners. I love for my house to smell good. It may have dust all over, but it's gonna smell good. And what better smell than clean linen? I can trick people into thinking I actually do laundry. :-) Freshly washed laundry, despite the fact that I hate doing it, is my absolute favorite smell ever. When Glade came out with the Clean Linen scent, I bought everything I could find in that scent. I have the carpet freshener, the scented oil plug-ins, the regular plug-ins, the glass scents (for my desk at work), and the spray air freshener. I am holding my breath for the car scented oil to come in Clean Linen scent. Thank you, Glade.
5. Jergens Shave Minimizing Lotion. I have hairy legs. Sorry if that grosses you out, but it's true. I could probably grow a 5 o'clock shadow on my legs if I wanted to. That is, of course, if I didn't use this lotion. The claim on the bottle says that it helps you shave less often. This isn't exactly true for me, because the hair on my legs grows so fast, but for a normal person it would probably do just that. Anyway, since it's summertime and I'm wearing skirts, capris, and shorts, this works great to keep my legs feeling smooth & freshly shaven all day long. (Ok Jergens, where's my endorsement check??) I definitely make sure I use this lotion during the summer months when there is a good chance people will see my legs. Thank you, Jergens. (Update: I am now freaking out because in searching for the link, I discovered that this lotion is being discontinued! Agh!!!)
So those are a few products I endorse that help to make my life a little easier. Of course the list could go on & on, but these are just some I thought I would share. If you have not already, I encourage you to try a few. Unless you are a guy, in which case you probably don't need the Jergens. Well, not for your legs, anyway...