Saturday, September 02, 2006

it really DOES work!!

Ok, so when I saw that Baron added a pic of our wedding day to his post about our anniversary, I decided to post some more pics from our wedding day. So I started flipping through our wedding pictures, and when I got to the pics from the reception, something suddenly occured to me. I have never been one to believe in superstition, curses, or "luck"; however, I couldn't help but notice what a difference our wedding made in the lives of two of our wedding party. Here is how it happened...

When the time came for me to throw the bouquet, the single ladies at the reception (which ended up being my single bridesmaids, my cousin, and Mark's girlfriend, Lindsay, because no one else had the guts to step forward) stood behind me anxiously awaiting their destiny. I tossed the bouquet back. It hit the ceiling. Do-over. I tossed it again, and turned around to see my bridesmaid & good friend, Melissa McGuire, holding the coveted bouquet. Way to go, Myliss!!

So then it was Baron's turn. After excitedly reaching up my dress to the nether regions where the garter resided, he tossed it behind him. He was aiming for his groomsman & long-time friend, John Bedingfield, who had been dating his girlfriend for like 43 years or something. But my brother managed to intercept the pass & take charge of his own destiny. So there they were - Melissa & Mark. And now, here in 2006, each of them are engaged. (But not to each other. That would be weird.) Coincidence? I think not. You're welcome, Melissa & Mark. You're welcome.

And here are a couple of pictures from our wedding, just for old time's sake...

("there's a party goin' on right here...")

8 comments:

  1. yea!! who knew we held so much power in the palms of our hands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I hid. :)

    Bedingfield and I will always have each other.

    Laura, your sentence..."After excitedly reaching up my dress to the nether regions where the garter resided," I think may possibly be the funniest line I've EVER read on a blog. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great day! Of course, the "nether regions" comment is less funny to me than to Jon--still, pretty funny even to dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe. so sweet. esp the nether regions part. and excitedly. I was bashful when jamin reached, so I made it easy on him and scooted it down a bit. ok really it was easy on myself cause if jamin had his way, he would have made out with me right there on the alter, and you know things like that make me more queezy than amy newsome herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed! Somewhere in the last eight years my memory has erased whoever caught the bouquet or garter at our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI...I was standing back there too (to catch the bouquet) thank you very much! =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, in my defense, I had absolutely no idea who was even at our wedding until we read the guest book & looked at the pictures...much less who was standing behind me to catch the bouquet. All I have to go by are the pictures...I was somewhat in a daze that day... :-)

    ReplyDelete