Friday, March 07, 2008

before my very eyes!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, cats and dogs...the image you are viewing to the left is no ordinary Breathe Right strip wrapper. This is a MAGIC Breathe Right strip wrapper! No, seriously!

I went to bed last night, and as I laid down to sleep, my nasal cavities immediately rebelled. This is an ordinary occurrence, so I keep a box of Breathe Right strips on my night stand for such emergencies. I took a strip out of the box and proceeded to unwrap it in the dark. (Yes, not only am I too lazy to get up to apply it, but I don't even turn the light on.) As I unwrapped it, I noticed a glimmer of light on the inside of the wrapper. It looked kind of like when there is a tiny speck of light coming through the curtains in a dark room. Well, I noticed that I did not see the speck of light on my hand, arm, or bedding. So I closed the wrapper and opened it again. Once more I saw the glimmer of light. 'Is this thing glowing?' I thought. 'Surely it is just some light coming in the window that I can't see except on the wrapper.' So, I took the wrapper under the covers and opened it again. Another glimmer of light! The inside of this Breathe Right strip wrapper GLOWS IN THE DARK!!! I'm not kidding. I did it over & over again. But it only does it while it's being opened, and it is just a tiny glimmer that goes away after a split second. No lie.

I'm keeping the wrapper for proof. Better yet - I should sell it on eBay! Right next to the pretzel shaped like the virgin Mary!

8 comments:

  1. OOOOOOO, that's way too weird!!! I think it must be haunted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that the mental image of you crawling under the covers covering and covering your breathe right is absolutely hysterical!!!! I am LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah...jamin and i have been doing this for about three years now. every time one of us opens one, we giggle with glee. i think its static electicity. its great fun. glad someone else knows about it! ps love me some breathe rites

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to have little things to entertain you while you lay awake trying to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just like me in that, it's the little things that make us smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it was shedding some light so you could see in the dark to apply it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley - you introduced me to the strips...how could you withhold this tidbit of information from me? :-)

    P.S. When Baron got back in town, I showed him this trick as soon as we went to bed! Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol im late seeing this, but I guess I thought you would know??? I didn't know it would hold such hours of entertainment for you as it has for me? I've got nothin

    ReplyDelete